As Registered Nurses, we understand how important it is to have access to evidence-based resources while you are pregnant. Quality prenatal classes and information helps parents feel prepared for labour, and families ready to bring their newborns home.
Many prenatal classes have been canceled due to the Covid-19 pandemic. At The Mama Coach, we want to support you throughout your pregnancy, by providing you with the prenatal education you need to feel less anxious and more excited about what’s to come.
How it works
We host live online prenatal classes for you to participate in from home, at an affordable price. These classes also include email support until your child is born. Depending on current Covid-19 guidelines in your area, in-person group classes may be available. Reach out to your local Mama Coach for more information.
The Mama Coach prenatal education was created by Carrie Bruno, Founder and CEO of The Mama Coach, based on over 16 years of experience as a labour and delivery Registered Nurse (RN) and Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
Take the same class Jillian Harris, did during her first pregnancy – this is the perfect class for busy parents-to-be!
You will learn:
- How does the Covid-19 pandemic affect how and when I should go to the hospital
- What happens if I don’t feel well when I am in labour (cough or cold symptoms)
- Breastfeeding considerations during Covid-19
- How can I keep my baby safe
- Managing the third trimester
- Signs of early labour
- Pain management strategies during labour
- How your partner can help you in early and active labour
- When to go to the hospital
- Warning signs during labour
- Pain control options once in the hospital
- Vaginal birth
- Caesarean section
- Postpartum period
- Breastfeeding / bottle feeding
- Newborn and mother care
The class runs approximately 3-4 hours (depending on questions throughout). Afterwards, you will receive a resource filled email which includes our 54 page eBook on pregnancy, birth, and bringing your newborn home. Sometimes our classes are recorded – ask your Mama Coach if this is the case for your course.
We will always be just an email away until your child is born. (Please note, The Mama Coach is not an emergency service. In case of an emergency, please call 9-1-1 or proceed to your nearest emergency department for assistance)